Join us for Matrida's first Fall Concert, featuring her invited guests, Joshua Promise and the Gospel Band from Dallas, Texas. Enjoy an evening of uplifting spiritual music and dancing while you help support refugees living in San Diego and in the Nyarugusu Camp in Tanzania.
Welcome to The Matrida Umoja Band website! We're excited to help her with her mission of sharing her spirituality and musical gifts with the world and supporting her friends and family in the Nyarugusu refugee camp in Tanzania.
Lots going on in The Matrida Umoja Band's world this fall:
• Matrida's fall concert was a wonderful success - check out the photos here. The Matrida Umoja Band proudly presented a night of Congolese Gospel Music with the support of the St. Luke's Episcopal Church community and her growing group of fans in the US. Matrida performed original and traditional songs, along with Joshua Promise and the Gospel Band from Dallas, Texas. She was honored that her friends from Nyarugusu traveled here to meet and entertain gospel and African music fans in San Diego. It was truly a night to remember! (Thank you to Paul of Reams Photography for the beautiful photos)
• First CD is released: African Bila Marumbano (Africa Without Trouble), featuring original songs written by Matrida and produced with the Umoja musicians in Tanzania. It's simply amazing. Come on out to one of her San Diego shows to buy a signed CD or purchase it online here.
• Sign up for our email list to receive notices of upcoming shows you won't want to miss.
• Follow us on Facebook here
• Send Matrida a note at: email@example.com
• Come out to a show this fall. We'd love to meet, sing, and dance with you! Check out our Events Calendar for details.
Exciting news: Matrida just released her first CD! African Bila Marumbano (Africa Without Trouble), featuring original songs written by Matrida and produced with the Umoja musicians in Tanzania. It's simply amazing. Come on out to one of her San Diego shows to buy a signed CD or purchase it online here.
Multicultural Fall Children's Festival
Bring your children, grandchildren and friends to the Episcopal Asiamerica Ministry’s event, the Multicultural Fall Children’s Festival. Enjoy a lion dance, music by the St. Luke’s band and choir, the Matrida Umoja Band, Filipino Igorot dance, children’s programs and an international lunch. $10 adults; $5 children.
Refugees Welcome Celebration
El Cajon community event to celebrate refugees in the community and ring in the opening of the IRC New Resiliency Garden!
- Entertainment (Featuring the Matrida Umoja Band & DJ Paulie Esshaki)
- Arts & Crafts
- Activities and Games for youth and families
- HUNDREDS OF PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
- Free parking
MAKE Garden Cafe Pop-Up Party
Free pop-up outdoor family event to support the IRC's MAKE Garden Cafe kitchen projects. Music, food, garden tours, kids' activities.
Voices of Hope from Africa
The Songs and Stories series, sponsored by the Center for World Music at UCSD, aims to highlight musicians and artists from within San Diego’s refugee communities. Through lively performances and real conversations, the CWM hopes to immerse audiences in the cultures and journeys of a seldom heard segment of the vibrant and diverse fabric of San Diego’s population. This is a FREE series and open to the public!
Join us for this lively presentation and discussion on the meaning and power of music and the performing arts at the Neil Morgan Auditorium at the San Diego Central Library.
Voices of Hope from Africa features Matrida Umoja, The Revelation Gospel Band, Emmanuel Adamson, and discussant Delores Fisher.
For more info visit https://centerforworldmusic.org/event/songs-and-stories-voices-hope-from-africa-2/.